Computers Skills & ELearning
About LMS (Learning Management System)
eLearning through MKCL’s ERA framework:
ERA “eLearning Revolution for All” is the framework developed with a view to offer high quality education uniformly across the Authorized Learning Centers. The framework has been developed to offer high quality, self-paced, personalized Learning experience to all Learners.
Under the MICIT course MKCL offers excellent study material in the form of highly illustrated book supplemented by interactive multimedia with rich voice over in English and/or Arabic containing both inform and perform types of content. A state of the art delivery mechanism through MKCL’s ERA includes Learning and Content Management System support to Learners in a personalized manner, Learning facilitator’s resource material, academic support to Learning facilitators, day wise monitoring of curriculum schedule, hands on assignment planning and question banks leading to intermediate formative skill tests, mid course examination followed by final online summative examination.
We focus on online content and Learning by doing approach rather than providing books for Skills. Highly illustrative content for all skills is available in ERA for Learners.
- Trainees are given an overview of the course and its connection to life and work.
- Trainees are then exposed to the specific tool(s) used in the course through the various real-life applications of the tool(s).
- Trainees are then acquainted with the careers and the hierarchy of roles they can perform at workplaces after attaining increasing levels of mastery over the tool(s).
- Trainees are then acquainted with the architecture of the tool or Tool Map so as to appreciate various parts of the tool, their functions and their inter-relations.
- Trainees are then exposed to simple application development methodology by using the tool at the beginner’s level
- Trainees then perform the differential skills related to the use of the tool to improve the given ready-made outputs.
- Trainees are then engaged in appreciation of real-life case studies developed by the experts.
- Trainees are then encouraged to proceed from appreciation to imitation of the experts.
- After imitation experience, they are required to improve the expert’s outputs so that they proceed from mere imitation to emulation.
Finally, they develop the integral skills involving optimal methods and best practices to produce useful outputs right from scratch, publish them in their ePortfolio and thereby proceed from emulation to self-expression. From self-expression to self-confidence and from self-confidence to self-esteem!
eLearning Revolution for All
- MKCL’s ERA “eLearning Revolution for All” is the framework developed with a view to offer high quality education uniformly. The framework has been developed to offer high quality, self-paced, personalized Learning experience to all Learners.
- MKCL offers excellent study material in the form of interactive multimedia with rich voice over in English and/or Arabic containing both inform and perform types of content. A state of the art delivery mechanism through MKCL’s ERA includes Learning and Content Management System support to Learners in a personalized manner, Learning facilitator’s resource material, academic support to Learning facilitators, day wise monitoring of curriculum schedule, hands on assignment planning.
- We focus on online content and Learning by doing approach rather than providing books for Skills. Highly illustrative content for all skills is available in ERA for Learners.
Project Based Learning:
After learning differential skills students are encourage to make projects at the end of each topic. These projects are based on S U P W (Socially Useful Productive work). While working on projects, students will learn how to use integral skills. We prepared many useful sample projects case studies as per the requirement of market. It very useful for the students after completion
Progressive Assessment Methodology
The latest innovation added to ERA Online Content is TAKE A CHALLENGE (TAC) questions for progressive assessment. In which Learning and assessment goes hand in hand. In this methodology, Learner is presented with a certain task. He gets evaluated and the hand holding learning is done through software.
New and Innovative approach to assess the differential skills through marks in Learning Progression (Performance Oriented)
Learning Progression marks will be Based on “Challenges”
TAC Steps- Learner should select the TAC and start the activity
- list item 1
- list item 2
This program is the only one to be offered at a low competitive cost. It has been widely accepted in India, it has attracted nearly 10 million learners in 9 years at a rate of 1 million learners annually, including students, teachers, professionals and entrepreneurs, as well as farmers, workers, housewives, the elderly and others.
In Egypt, MKCL Egypt is seeking to reach an average of 250,000 trainees annually, within 3 years. As a first step to complete this mission, it is necessary to integrate the self-learning method in learning IT with traditional learning method, so MKCL Egypt aims to omit its digital illiteracy through MKCL’s International Certificate in Information Technology (MICIT).
The Computer Science Sector Committee at Supreme Council of Universities has recommended MICIT Certificate be equivalenced to ICDL Certificate. The report emphasized that the skills of MICIT Program exceed the corresponding international training programs such as ICDL, CIE and others.
MICIT Egypt has get the following approvals:
- MICIT was approved by the Supreme Council of Universities and became equivalent to ICDL on 12/31/2019. The report of Supreme Council of Universities also certified that MICIT is the best among the corresponding training certificates such as ICDL because of the fact that it includes real training skills and depends on an interactive e-learning system.
- The Minister of Education issued a circular letter No. 19 on 10/7/2014 stating that it is necessary for teachers’ promotion the need to obtain a certificate for a training program accredited by the Supreme Council of Universities, including MICIT certificate
- MICIT has been approved as a prerequisite for the graduate studies at universities of Zagazig, Minya and Fayoum.
- Also, MICIT was internationally authorized by CITY @GUILDS company, one of the world’s largest academic accreditation companies.
This course consists of 9 training levels in both Arabic and English based on interactive e-training method and Blended Learning Model for 80 hours through ERA system for e-training and Project Based Learning by assigning the trainee to implement training projects, Training levels are :
- Windows 7
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Access
- All about computers
- Information Technology
The prominent features of MICIT Course
- E-training system is available in Arabic and English.
- Blended Learning Model is based on theoretical training for 20 hours and self-learning for 60 hours through ERA system, ensuring high training results for trainees without relying on trainer competence.
- Mainly focus on training by linking training, evaluation and skills to perform technical tasks, while other courses relay on training to pass exam; which made the community loss its trust on that type of training.
- The trainee will be assessed through Progressive Assessment during all training sessions and the trainee is allowed to answer the assessment question, identify his mistakes and improve his degrees to ensure his qualify for obtaining the course certificate. The assessment is not based on final exams only.
- Knowledge acquisition is carried out indirectly while the trainee acquisition of Skills, which helps in the best use of knowledge and increases the creativity energies in the operation and utilization of applications
- Skills Acquisition (Project Based Learning)
The trainee is assigned to implement small training projects aimed at creating different types of documents up to 25 documents during the course. List of training documents as follow:
- Word: Book Cover – Letterhead – Collage ID Card – Bulletin for Science Fair – Invitation Letter– Student Project Report – Envelope – CV– Notification – Business Card.
- Excel: Event Expenses – Task List – Agenda – Exams Record – Outline – Database List – Monthly Budget – Inventory List.
- Power Point: Poster Design – Album – Project Presentation – Company Profile – Personal profile – Certificate – Business Presentation.
IT For Children
The “IT For CHILDREN ” is an 80 hour part-time Course offered by MKCL, specially designed for school students as an introductory course on the use of Information Technology in day-to-day life, aiming to empower them in the emerging digital era of the 21st century. It will help them improve their efficiency and enhance their effectiveness in the various activities of their academic and day-to-day life.
The academic sessions are delivered using rich multimedia based, inform and perform type of e-Content that will help the learner to actually produce hundreds of Socially Useful and Productive Work (SUPW) related outputs using Computers, Internet and Scratch Programming.
Training in a simplified way depends on graphics and cartoons for children to enable them to use the computer in a simple and interesting method.
Activities in IT for Children
- Creating project report on A Journey In To Space
- Creating a Flyer – Health Fair
- Creating a Booklet of Measurement Units
- Creating a Chart of Living and Non-Living Things
- Creating a Greeting Card – Mother’s Day
- Creating a Photo Album
- Creating Greeting Card
- Measurement Unit Converter
- Exam Record Management
- Learning Motion Types through Power Point
And much more …
The syllabus covered as a part of the course will be:
Basic IT Applications
MS Word 2010
MS Excel 2010
MS PowerPoint 2010
In addition to the IT literacy courses, MKCL, under its brand WAVE, also offers employability skills development courses in many disciplines such as Digital Arts, Publishing, Illustrations, Multimedia and Animation, Web Designing, Video Editing, Programming, Hardware and Networking, Life Skills for Workplace Readiness, Retail Management, Selling, BFSI, Personal Financial Management, Financial Accounting, KPO, BPO, eEducation, etc.
The WAVE Learners enjoy the benefits of MKCL’s unique e-Learning environment ERA and MKCL’s work-centric (and not mere book-centric or information-centric) vocational education approach. During the course, the learners are trained to produce socially useful and productive work (SUPW). The learning process is so designed that it begins with work, from the work learner derives knowledge and then applies that knowledge to produce more wholesome and profound work.
MKCL’s KLiC Diploma offers a unique opportunity of choosing role-based modules as per choice and building your own diploma. This approach provides the benefit of learning skills across multiple streams/tracks useful to build a successful career. KLiC Diploma provides role-specific and wholesome work centric training; so as to enable the learner to perform a desired role at the workplace.
EVAL OMR SYSTEM FOR ELECTRONIC CORRECTION
• The program has a user interface (UI) with a simple design makes it very easy to create and process data (OMR).
– Super easy to use the Microsoft Excel Template Designer.
– Work with regular printers or multifunction printers without the need for special printers.
– Ability to scan OMR sheets using scanners There is no need for a special scanner.
– Statistical analysis of data and more suitable for rapid and accurate evaluation such as tests and assessments
ELECTRONIC TESTING SYSTEMS
Which is being implemented for more than 10 years at Saudi universities.
– The system contains a question bank that supports the latest versions of Office 2016 with the tools of building educational content.
– Special account for each student to enter the system.
– Includes practical tests of skills for the course of computer basics. Supports multimedia.
– Ability to manage information security.
– Issue multiple reports available to multiple users by tasks and roles for student results